Showing Collections: 1 - 10 of 60
The collection is composed of one account book from the Acme Manufacturing Company which had been located in Kalamazoo, Michigan from about 1884 until 1885 or 1886.
The Kalamazoo Police Department traces its beginnings to 1882. These ledgers record a variety of calls the department received many of which dealt with animals, both alive and deceased, theft, assaults, lost items, accidents, missing children, rubbish, dangerous sidewalks and people who were inebriated.The entries record the reports but do not cover what the police did to deal with what was being reported.
This collection consists of two dance cards from a Bronson Hospital Ball in 1914 and a price book from The Upjohn Company from 1972.
The collection is composed of one ledger owned by Benjamin C. Sheldon who was enrolled in Clark Commercial College in Kalamazoo. The ledger has work in it dated January to September, 1856.
The collection is composed of two store ledgers dated 1852-1855 and 1859-1860 both from dry goods stores in Cassopolis, Cass County, Michigan.
Claude Robinson (1880-1957) lived in Leonidas, Michigan. He owned a blacksmith shop where he occasionally created custom cabinets, shelves etc. His shop was located downtown on Main Street in Leonidas. He worked until he passed away at age 77. This ledger contains all expenditures and transactions that took place from January 1, 1908-August 30, 1909. He frequently did shoeing jobs and repaired buggies among other tasks. Dr. Syndergaard’s notes on the ledger are located in the donor file.
Lincolniana collected by Dwight B. Waldo (1864-1936), the first president of Western Michigan University (the books associated with this collection are cataloged individually and searchable through the Western Michigan University Libraries online catalog)
The collection is composed of a wide variety of items dating from World War 1 to the 1960s. These items include military souvenirs, photographs, business papers and publications, and newspaper clippings.
The collection is composed of materials from the Edwards and Chamberlin Hardware Company, a Kalamazoo firm in business from 1889 until 1931. The materials date from 1911 until 1931.