Showing Collections: 1 - 4 of 4
Ephemera and documents from numerous American fine presses of the late twentieth and early twenty-first centuries. Samples of presswork from Arion, Bergamot, Black Sparrow, Bloodroot, Janus, Kat Ran, Ninja, Sutton Hoo and many more presses.
Collection reflects letterpress activities of Martin Cohen (1915-2005) a WMU Professor of Librarianship and Paul Hayden Duensing in Kalamazoo, Michigan. Items include samples of job printing for WMU and private clients. Two pamphlets are cataloged separately.
Primarily individual leaves from European or Near Eastern manuscripts or printed books, but also contains leaves from newspapers, pamphlets, as well as several ancient Near and Middle Eastern artifacts, including a Babylonian cuneiform tablet and cylinder seal.
Miscellaneous serials, cards, pamphlets and booklets relating or other examples of ephemeral printed material for use with graphic design, literature and history students.
- Subject: Printing -- Specimens X
- Western Michigan University Special Collections 3
- Western Michigan University Archives & Regional History Collections 1
- Ephemera 2
- Letterpress printing -- Specimens 2
- Printing -- History 2
- Printing -- Specimens 2
- Books -- History 1
- Cuneiform tablets--Specimens 1
- Letterpress printing 1
- Manuscripts -- Specimens 1
- Manuscripts, Arabic (Papyri) -- Specimens 1
- Manuscripts, Greek (Papyri) -- Specimens 1
- Pamphlets 1
- Postcards 1
- Publishers and publishing 1
- Small presses 1
- Type and type-founding 1
- detached leaves 1 ∧ less
- Arion Press 1
- Black Sparrow Press 1
- Bloodroot Press 1
- Cohen, Martin, 1915-2005 1
- Duensing, Paul Hayden, 1929- 1