Showing Collections: 1 - 6 of 6
Handwritten correspondence between the twentieth century American poet Denise Levertov (1923 - 1997) and writer / English professor Alan Helms (1937-). Also includes legal document listing Helms as co-trustee of the Denise Levertov Trust.
Articles, essays, speeches by South African author and anti-apartheid activist Alan Paton collected by Western Michigan University professor Edward Callan. Also contains correspondence between Callan and Alan Paton, as well as Callan and other notable South African anti-apartheid activists, such as Nadine Gordimer and Albert J. Luthuli.
Correspondence of the poet Howard Hilles and the poet and younger sister of President Theodore Roosevelt, Corinne Roosevelt Robinson. Includes handwritten poems exchanged by the two poets and photographs.
Collected correspondence between writer, English professor and translator Dr. Judith Moffett (1942-) and other poets and writers. Over 400 letters, notes, postcards, and cards all addressed to Dr. Moffett covering a period from 1963 to 1996. Includes letters from George Abbe, Isaac Asimov, Peter Beagle Marvin Bell, Wendell Berry, David Bromwich, Paul Engle, Seamus Heaney, Donald Justice, Lisel Mueller, Alicia Ostriker, Grace Schulman, Paul Zelinsky and others.
Papers of Msgr. Joseph Turk (1895-1951) including research notes, manuscript drafts, offprints, correspondence, newspaper clippings and postage stamps. The research papers and notes are concerned with the Cistercian Statuta and important figures in Cistercian history, such as Bernard of Clairvaux, William of St. Thierry and Stephen Harding. The newspaper clippings relate to mid-twentieth century politics in Yugoslavia.
- Correspondence 5
- Authors, American -- 20th century -- Correspondence 4
- Poets, American -- 20th century -- Correspondence 4
- Authors -- 20th century -- Correspondence 2
- Postcards 2
- American poetry -- 20th century 1
- Authors, South African -- 20th century 1
- Cistercians 1
- Clippings (Books, newspapers, etc.) 1
- Obituaries 1
- Poets -- 20th century -- Correspondence 1
- South African literature -- 20th century -- History and criticism 1
- Typescripts 1
- manuscripts (documents) 1
- writings (documents) 1 ∧ less
- English 5
- Multiple languages 1
- Bergé, Carol, 1928-2006 1
- Callan, Edward (Edward Thomas O'Dwyer), 1917-2011 1
- Catholic Church--Clergy 1
- Crews, Judson 1
- Gordimer, Nadine 1