National Gas Light Company Collection
Scope and Contents
The National Gas Light Company began in 1906, according to Ross Coller, as their articles were filed on May 2. The company appeared in the city directories from 1907 until 1912 and after that there were no entries. They were located on the corner of Porter and E. Ransom. The catalog shows all the different models the company had in 1908 and 1909 of the National Automatic Gas Light. It shows light fixtures and various styles of globes. There also is some information about the light in the catalog.
- Created: 1908-1909
- National Gas Light Company (Kalamazoo, Mich.) (Creator, Organization)
Conditions Governing Access
0.05 Cubic Feet
Language of Materials
The collection is composed of one catalog from the National Gas Light Company located in Kalamazoo, Michigan dated 1908-1909.
Source of Acquisition
The catalog is 8”x6” and amounts to .05 cubic feet. It is composed of one catalog that has sixteen pages with text and black-and-white photographs. The catalog is titled, "The National Automatic Gas Light." The catalog has information about the light with photographs of different models. The catalog was printed in Grand Rapids by the Cargill Company. The catalog, for the most part, is in good condition although at some point it had been folded from top to bottom and the crease is still there. The cover, made of heavier brown paper, has the words "National Automatic" on it with an illustration. The pages are only slightly yellowed.
- National Gas Light Company Collection Finding Aid
- Lynn Houghton
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
Part of the Western Michigan University Archives & Regional History Collections Repository
Charles C. and Lynn L. Zhang Legacy Collections Center
1650 Oakland Drive
Kalamazoo MI 49008-5307 US