St. Luke's Episcopal Church Collection
The collection is composed of materials collected from St. Luke's Episcopal Church in Kalamazoo, Michigan. The items date from 1903 to 1995 although this is an open collection and more items will be added when available.
- St. Luke's Episcopal Church (Kalamazoo, Mich.) (Creator, Organization)
Conditions Governing Access
Biographical / Historical
St. Luke's Episcopal Church began in 1837. Its first church was located on the southwest corner of South Park and West Main Streets. In 1884 they combined with St. John's Episcopal Church, located on the south side of Lovell Street between South Park and South Rose Streets and a new church building was completed the next year for both congregations.
0.05 Cubic Feet
Language of Materials
The collection amounts to .05 cubic feet and is composed of annual reports and a chronological souvenir from St. Luke's Episcopal Church in Kalamazoo, Michigan. The items date from 1903 to 1995. There collection includes the Chronological Souvenir printed in 1903, a newsletter from 1962 and five annual reports from 1972 to 1995. The items are generally measured 8 ½"x7" to 5 ¾"x8". They are in good shape although the 125th anniversary newsletter has been folded and yellowed. One of the annual reports has some writing on it. The chronological souvenir from 1903 is in fairly good condition although the binding is a little loose. It has black-and-white photographs of the congregation's various church buildings and parish house.
- St. Luke's Episcopal Church Collection Finding Aid
- Lynn Houghton
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
Part of the Western Michigan University Archives & Regional History Collections Repository
Charles C. and Lynn L. Zhang Legacy Collections Center
1650 Oakland Drive
Kalamazoo MI 49008-5307 US