Skip to main content

First Reformed Church of Kalamazoo booklets

 Collection
Identifier: RH-A-4269

Scope and Contents

The collection is composed of two anniversary booklets, one for the Centennial Anniversary and one for the 90th Anniversary of the First Reformed Church of Kalamazoo. The items range from 1940 to 1950.

Dates

  • 1940-1950

Creator

Biographical / Historical

The First Reformed Church of Kalamazoo was a Reformed church in Kalamazoo, MI that was organized in 1850. The church building was built until 1870. The congregation merged with Second Reformed in 2003 and the building was left vacant. The First Reformed building was demolished in 2020 after 140 years.

Extent

.50 Cubic Feet

Language of Materials

English

Immediate Source of Acquisition

Purchased with funds from the Starring Endowment.

Physical Description

The collection amounts to .50 cubic feet and is composed of two commemorative items from the First Reformed Church of Kalamazoo. The Centennial Anniversary booklet measures approximately 10.25” x 7.5” and the 90th Anniversary booklet measures approximately 11.5”x 9”. The Centennial Anniversary booklet has a blue velvet cover with gold printed letters and illustrations of the church on the front. The 90th Anniversary booklet has a red velvet cover with silver printed letters and an illustration of a woman holding chains on the front.

Pages are in good condition but both covers have some wear and tear.
Title
First Reformed Church of Kalamazoo booklets finding aids
Status
Completed
Author
Sophia Cunningham; Stephanie Chapman
Date
2021-11-09
Description rules
Describing Archives: A Content Standard
Language of description
English
Script of description
Latin

Repository Details

Part of the Western Michigan University Archives & Regional History Collections Repository

Contact:
Charles C. and Lynn L. Zhang Legacy Collections Center
1650 Oakland Drive
Kalamazoo MI 49008-5307 US
(269) 387-8490