Kalamazoo State Hospital (Mich.)
Kalamazoo State Hospital opened on August 29, 1859 as the Michigan Asylum for the Insane. It became the Kalamazoo State Hospital in 1911. The hospital is now known as the Kalamazoo Psychiatric Hospital.
Found in 2 Collections and/or Records:
This collection contains photographs and other materials relating to the Kalamazoo State Hospital Nursing Program that belonged to Anna Poole Ferguson, dating between 1903 and 1965. She was the aunt of Sue Baden, who gave these items to her friend Dorothy Barstow, after her death. Both Dorothy and Sue were graduates of the Borgess School of Nursing.