B. F. Freeland Sons Company (Sturgis, Mich.)
The B. F. Freeland Sons Company began as the Pioneer Tank Company which was formed in 1893 in Middlebury, Indiana, by the Freeland family. The Freeland Steel Tank Company began in Sturgis, Michigan in 1902. By 1909, Lloyd D. Freeland and Frank L. Van Epps, his brother-in-law, had expanded the company as far west as Portage, Wisconsin, where it remains known today as Freeland Industries, Inc.
Found in 1 Collection or Record:
The B.F. Freeland Sons Company’s main products were galvanized steel stock tanks, used to provide water to livestock. The catalog advertises several different kinds of stock tanks, with prices, dimensions, diagrams, and a few photographs of their products in use. In addition to the stock tanks, the catalog advertises a few different types of stock feed boilers and cookers, as well as other pieces of farm equipment, such as tank pumps and barn ventilators.